Programming for Psychology in Python
Welcome to this set of notes and lessons on programming in Python, as applied to the field of psychology (particularly perception / vision science).
Here is an overview of the contents of this site:
- Introduces programming and Python and gives a rationale for why they are useful concepts for psychology.
- Getting Started
- Covers the installation of Python and creating a programming environment.
- Introduces the key elements of programming.
- Vision Science
- Describes the use of Python for creating vision science experiments using the package psychopy.
- Data Analysis and Visualisation
- Demonstrates the use of Python for basic data analysis, and for sophisticated plotting and figure creation using the package veusz.
- Dealing with errors
- Details on interpreting Python error messages and debugging code.
If you find this site useful or if you have a question, comment, or correction, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.