I am available as a consultant to assist with research, educational, or technological needs. I have over 15 years of experience in academia and scientific research and have developed broad expertise in the conduct of research and education, particularly in the behavioural and neural sciences, with specific expertise in the use of computing technologies.
Please email me at
email@example.com if you have any questions or if you would like to discuss my consulting work.
Most consulting work can be done remotely, but in-person consulting can also be arranged for those in Australia.
I am particularly able to consult in the following areas, but please feel free to contact me if there is anything else that you think I may be able to help with:
Implementing in-person experiments using
psychopyor lower-level Python.
- Interfacing with hardware such as high-end visual displays, audio devices, visual and auditory calibration equipment, virtual reality headsets, EEG instruments, and MRI scanners.
- Creating visual and auditory stimuli, using methods such as 3D rendering (see my post on this topic, for example) and image and waveform synthesis.
- Implementing in-person experiments using
Data analysis and management
Study planning and data analysis in a Bayesian framework using
Neuroimaging (fMRI) pre-processing and analysis workflows (typically using
AFNI), including visual field mapping, univariate analysis (GLM, phase-encoding), and multivariate analysis (classifier, representational similarity).
- Creating reproducible and collaborative workflows using approaches such as containers and code review.
- Study planning and data analysis in a Bayesian framework using
Education and training resources
- Running workshops to train participants in the specific topics described above and general topics such as programming, research, and computational skills.
- Creating novel interactive activities for online training resources (see this post on interactive Fourier analysis and this post on an interactive neural simulation, for example).
- Writing educational material such as tutorials and documentation (see “Programming for Psychology in Python”, for example).
It would be great to hear from you if I can be of assistance in any of these areas.